Saturday 30 July 2011

GlossyBox!

When I first heard about GlossyBox I couldn't hide my excitement. As a beauty product junkie I love trying new products... and lots of them, so what better way than an assortment of miniatures delivered to my door every month?!

GlossyBox is an exciting new enterprise that aims to provide cosmetics lovers with the latest, on-trend products at a fraction of the price. For £10 a month (plus £2.95 postage) you will receive a beautiful box of treats containing 5 miniature luxury products.
Each GlossyBox is lovingly wrapped and comes with a card that lists the contents and information relating to the ingredients and prices of the products. I always think it's especially lovely when products are well presented and I can't fault the cute packaging of each GlossyBox. I will definitely be using these as gift boxes in the future. On a side note - I have to admit that I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to wrapping. I secretly keep all the tissue paper and gift bags I receive at events to use in future - after all even a bottle of cheap vino feels more special when presented in a beautiful bag to the host of a Friday night dinner party ;).
Each Glossy Box is different as you can't pick the products that will make up your box each month, but personally I like to be surprised, and pleasantly so when I try new products I probably wouldn't have chosen for myself. However, if you are a tricky customer you can create your own personal beauty profile on the site which will help to determine the right products to fit your needs and tastes. You can also choose to fill in a feedback form on the products you receive, with each completed form earning you a glossy dot, while 20 glossy dots will earn you a free Glossy Box!
The July Glossy Box had a fabulous range of products and I was very happy with my selection, which was made up of:
  • Nouveau Lashes (£8.95) - Gorgeous, natural strip lashes that are perfect for adding a little extra flutter to any eye look.
  • Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil 100ml (£19.95) - I have been obsessed with this oil from the first sniff. It smells absolutely delicious, is 100% natural, sinks into the skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue and with its mix of Jojoba, Sesame, Sunflower, Wheat and Macadamia Seed Oils has been extremely moisturising on my post holiday skin. It's also beautiful when added to a bath. I love!
  • Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Explode (£13) - beautiful, wearable lipgloss that looks great on its own or over any bright lipsticks.
  • Ciate Nail Enamel (£9) - I love Ciate nail polishes as the thick brush makes them easy and quick to apply and they have such great coverage that you can easily get away with one coat.
  • Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe (£28.99 for full size) - I haven't had a chance to try this out, but I have heard great things about Xen-Tan so I am hopeful it won't disappoint!
Overall I am extremely happy with the selection of products I received. The four full size products (excluding the tan sample) make up a total retail value of just over £50! I have already recommended this service to all of my friends and colleagues and have received such great feedback from everyone. I really can't say enough good things about it! I was sent my first box to review, but having seen the calibre of the products featured I have absolutely no doubts about signing up. Even if not all the products will be to my liking they will make great gifts!

Have you signed up to GlossyBox? Are you tempted? xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've read mixed reviews on these. I guess the only problem is you might get products you really wouldn't have bought ordinarily. I think for the price though you can't argue, and like you say they'd make good gifts for someone else if you don't want anything! I love the Ciate nail polish you got. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see what´s inside of the Glossybox in other Countrys.

    My german Glossybox arrived yesterday, but the products are not so great as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tempted to join glossybox, but i've noticed that not everyone got the lipgloss, some people got eye pigments. do you know whether everyone is meant to get the same?
    thanks
    great blog.
    rachel

    www.rachelsrandomdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a very good point - even if we don't like the products we can use them as gifts! I hadn't thought of this so thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig