Saturday 5 November 2011

My Birthday.. in Vivienne Westwood!

On Saturday night I celebrated my birthday in Juju with 30 of my closest friends. We had a brilliant night dancing and drinking champagne till the early hours of the morning! I was very spoilt with lots of lovely presents and couldn't be more thankful for my amazing extended family (friends).
 Rubens Print Friday Dress: Vivienne Westwood Anglomania

I knew that I wanted a very special dress for my birthday this year, so I saved up and took my time looking for something unique. I have always loved Vivienne Westwood dresses for their gorgeous feminine shape and unusual fabrics, so when I spotted this Rubens painting print dress in Harvey Nichols I skipped into the changing room straight away. As this dress is a lot more pricey than my usual purchases I did 'umm' and 'aaah' about it for a while, but in the end decided to treat myself and I am so happy with it!!
For a little bit of a glow I skipped the fake tan (for fear of it rubbing off on my dress) and opted for He-Shi's One Day Tan (£14.50) instead. This gel cream is so quick and easy to apply, dries very speedily and gives instant colour, which is perfect for that special night out when you don't want to risk any streaking, or simply don't have the time to wait for your tan to develop.
I styled my hair with the Babyliss heated rollers and backcombed at the roots to make sure the volume lasted all night. To set the hair I used Pantene Volume and Body Haispray and Tigi's Hair Bodifying Sugar Spray (which smells delicious and holds really well).
For makeup I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, a heavier base that would stay put all night. I set it with MAC MSF natural and contoured with YSL's Afrique bronzing powder. On the cheeks I used a mix of MAC's Well Dressed and NARS Angelika blush and highlighted with Guerlain's Butterfly highlighter. For the lips I chose an old favourite - MAC's A Rose Romance lipstick. On my eyes I used UDPP, MAC's Reflects Antique Gold all over the lid and Espresso in the crease. I finished off with MAC's Blacktrack gel liner and the most amazing mink lashes from Velour.
These are the You Complete Me mink lashes ($29.99) from Velour and they are my new favourites! The mink hair is so lovely and smooth, and somehow looks much more natural than plastic lashes. I would also like to point out that these lashes are cruelty free - the hairs are gently brushed from live mink and sterilized to ensure that they are hypo-allergenic.

I absolutely adore their shape, with natural lashes nearer the front and longer, fuller sweeping lashes in the outer corners that give a beautiful, flirty look. These lashes are extremely well made, easy to apply and super comfortable to wear. I have also found that they are much easier to clean, so much so that they can we worn up to 25 times!
I had such a lovely birthday and am very sad that it's all over. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

Are you a fan of Vivienne Westwood? What is your dream party dress? What lashes are you loving at the moment? xxx
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. You looked absolutely gorgeous, and you have an amazing figure :D Happy Birthday to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look :)Happy Birthday (again!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole look, that dress is fabulous :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dress. You looked gorgeous!:*

    Happy birthday!:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you looked stunning! I adore your makeup, hair and dress - the whole look in fact. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit, love the dress and the heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the make up. I also like Double Wear. Which shade are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! You look great! Love the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is beautiful. Happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look stunning Natalya and I adore your makeup! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning dress, hair, shoes and lashes! happy birthday babe....you looked fab

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday!! Your look is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated birthday, you look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a stunning dress and your make up is flawless! Hope you had a lovely birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look beautiful.. love the makeup and dress! hope you had a great birthday <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is gorgeous! Hope you had a lovely birthday :)

    Georgie <3

    http://thehandbagsnthegladrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday, you look STUNNING! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hair Extra is exactly as the name says, it is an excellent solution for the hair problem as Hair thinning, fuller hair, Hair loss, Hair loss conceal, Thicker hair . adding more hair to your head naturally and effortlessly, it is a superlative hair loss products. perfect Solution For Balding.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig